The Cultural Operators Rough Guide to Working & Studying in Europe
The Rough Guide is an informal tool for cultural operators and students of cultural management to find out about working and studying in different European countries. The idea is that it is written by and for people working in culture, such as managers, programmers, marketeers, administrators and technicians. Its purpose is to share personal and practical knowledge, intelligence, views and tips that could help people if they are thinking about or planning to move to another country for work, study, volunteering or just an exploratory visit.
Contributors - Anyone working in or studying culture can write content for and edit the Rough Guide. Go to 'Help' on the navigation on the left-hand side of this page for instructions on how to add content and edit the Rough Guide. Then, just click on any country listed in the 'Countries A-Z' below, click on edit and start writing or editing under the different headings (you will see the words 'edit' on the right hand side of the page in each heading section). Do not worry if you make a mistake, we are constantly checking the Toolkit and will correct any errors.
As with Wikipedia, there is no limit to the content that can be included in the Rough Guide and Knowledge Base. The more people who contribute to it, the more comprehensive, up-to-date, interesting and useful it will be. You can write as little or as much as you want to, add to what others have written or just include some useful links.
| Albania | Andorra | Armenia | Austria | Azerbaijan | Belarus | Belgium | Bosnia | Bulgaria | Croatia | Cyprus | Czech Republic | Denmark | Estonia | Finland | France | Georgia | Germany | Greece | Hungary | Iceland | Ireland | Italy | Kazakhstan | Kosovo | Latvia | Lithuania | Luxembourg | Macedonia | Malta | Moldova | Monaco | Montenegro | Netherlands | Norway | Poland | Portugal | Romania | Russia | Serbia | Slovakia | Slovenia | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Turkey | UK | Ukraine
Countries in bold have content written by contributors, but this can still be added to. The other countries not in bold still require content to be added.
General Useful Sites and Info for Mobility
- EURES The European job mobility portal
- PLOTEUS EU Portal on Learning Opportunities throughout Europe
- European Union Cultural Contact Points
- European Capitals of Culture List
- EUlisses EU links and information on social security
- europass EC site aimed make people's skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood in Europe
- Travelling in Europe
- Your Europe EC Portal for European and national public services and rights
- euro guidance A network of centres linking together the Careers Guidance systems in Europe
- EC Citizens Signpost Service Free advice on moving to another EC country in your own language, within a week (it claims)
- EURAXESS SERVICES EC site for researchers, but lots of useful information by country like health and childcare
- Compedium - cultural policies and trends in Europe Country by country information and cultural policy profile plus links to cultural ministry and tourism sites.
- LabforCulture The best European culture site and resource.
- JustLanded.com Great resource
- on the move International mobility site for performing artists but lots of useful information
- Transitions abroad Free commercial US portal for work, study, living & volunteering abroad. Has lots of useful information and links
- Worldwide tax Gives income tax rates of many European countries
- Pearle* Performing Arts Employers Associations League Europe
- ESN International exchange Erasmus student network
- Eurofound - Place of work and working conditions
- MeetPhool.net - Upcoming professional platform for the performing arts sector